1. Temporary Assistant Lecturer 1996-2000 at the Division of Paedodontics,
Faculty of Dental Sciences, University of Peradeniya
2. House Officer in Orthodontics from 2001 to 2003 at Orthodontics Unit
Dental Hospital, Peradeniya
3. Registrar in Orthodontics from 2004 to 2007 at Orthodontics Unit, Teaching
4. Senior Registrar from 2007 to 2008 – at the Orthodontic, Unit,Teaching Hospital, Kandy
5. Senior Registrar from 2008 to 2009-at the Orthodontic unit Victoria Hospital Edingburgh,U.K
6. Consultant Orthodontist from 2009 -02-09.2014 at General Hospital,Kurunegala
7.Visiting Lecturer at the Dpt of Orthodontics,Faculty of Dental Sciences,University of Peradeniya since 2013
8.Senior lecturer Grade II Since 03.09.2014-up to date
1.Ekanayaka L,Weerasekare C,Ekanayake N.Needs and demands for dental care in patients attending the University Dental Hospital in Sri Lanka.International Dental Journal(2001)51,67-72
2.Evaluation of External Apical Root Resorption- Removable Appliances vs Fixed Appliance. The Progress Report was presented at the Annual Research Sessions of Kandy Society of Medicine, held in August 2005
3.Weerasekera W.B.M.C.R.D,Vithanaarachchi V.S.N.Severity of malocclusion and need for treatment in patients below 12 years referred to the Division of Orthodontics of the Faculty of dental Sciences of University of Peradeniya-Completed and awaiting presentation at the i-PURSE 2017
4. Translation and validation of the Sinhalese version of Psychosocial Impact of Dental Aesthetic questionnaire (PIDAQ) among adolescents seeking orthodontic treatment in University Dental Hospital,Sri Lanka.
5. Effect of removable and fixed orthodontic appliances on the oral carriage of Candida among adolescents treated at the University Dental Hospital, Sri Lanka.
6. Impact of orthodontic treatment on the Oral Health Related Quality of Life (OHRQoL) of 12-18 year olds seeking care at University Dental Hospital,Sri Lanka.
7.An evaluation of expectations of patients and parents seeking orthodontic treatment from University Dental Hospital, Peradeniya.
8. A survey on orthodontic retention practices of the consultant orthodontists in Sri Lanka.
9. Dento-facial characteristics of Class II division 2 malocclusion in orthodontic patients treated at the University Dental Hospital, Peradeniya.