1. Award of the Gold medal as the best MD (Doctor of Medicine) trainee for the year out of all MD categories
2. Presidential awards for research 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012
3. Award for the most encouraged research student by the Alumni association of Hiroshima University for postgraduate students 2009, for the research titled ‘Periostin is frequently over-expressed and enhances invasion and angiogenesis in oral cancer’.
4. The research presentation titled Periostin play a role in invasion and metastasis in oral cancer. Presented by B.S.M.S. Siriwardena was selected as one of best 3 presentations at 41st general meeting of Hiroshima University Dental Society. On June 15th 2008, Hiroshima, Japan.
5. The Research Presentation titled a comparative study of oral squamous cell carcinoma in the young and the old presented by B.S.M.S. Siriwardena was selected as a commendable paper at the Annual Research Sessions of the Faculty of Dental Sciences, 2003
6. The Research Presentation titled Candidiasis and oral epithelial dysplasia was selected as a commendable paper at the Annual Research Sessions of the Faculty of Dental Sciences, 2001
7. The Research Presentation titled “Is the pattern of invasion a reliable predictor of metastasis presented by B.S.M.S. Siriwardena was selected as the best paper/ presentation in the junior researchers category at the Annual Research Sessions of the Faculty of Dental Sciences, 2000.
8. JICA training program in Clinical Dentistry held in Kyushu University, Faculty of Dentistry, Japan, from May to September, 2002.
9. Monbukagakusho scholarship for PhD program from 2004.10.4- 2009.3.30. Dept of Oral and maxillofacial Pathobiology, Hiroshima University Hospital, Hroshima, Japan.
1. Secretary Centre for Research in Oral Cancer (CROC) 2015 todate
2. Council member Kandy Society of Medicine (KSM) 2015
3. Senior student councilor for the year 2012
4. Assistant Secretary, Dental Faculty Teachers Association- 2004
5. Council member Sri Lanka Dental Association Kandy branch (SLDA) 2003
Visiting lecturer at the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
LAH Jayasinghe, PM Peiris, WM Tilakaratne, AM Attygalla, RD Jayasinghe, MAM Sitheeque, BSMS Siriwardena*.Clinically malignant exophytic lesions in the background of oral submucous fibrosis: report of five cases. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Path Oral Radiol Vol 122,(2), 2016. doi:10.1016/j.oooo.2016.06.001
BSMS Siriwardena, Jayasinghe RD, Tilakaratne WM. Plasma Cell Mucositis Affecting Oral Mucosa: Report of 11 Cases and Review of Literature, J Otol Rhinol 2015, 4:6, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2324-8785.1000259
Siriwardena BSMS, Jayathilake DSY, Pitakotuwage TN, Illeperuma RP, Kumarasiri PVR, Attygalla AM, Peiris HRD, Tilakaratne WM. Demographic and Histopathological Differences of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma; Analysis of 4394 Cases from Sri Lanka.J Clin Exp Oncol 2015, 4:4 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2324-9110.1000149.
B. S. M. S. Siriwardena, S. Shanmuganathan, W. M. Tilakaratne. A Case of Benign Chondroblastoma of Anterior Mandible and Review of Literature: A Very Rare presentation. Case reports in clinical medicine Vol.4 No.3 2015! [ID: 2770513] (4).
RMAR Rajapakshe, RW Pallegama, PR Jayasooriya, BSMS Siriwardena, DK Dias, AM Attygalla, S Hewapathirana, JU Weerasinghe, WM Tilakaratne. A Retrospective analysis to determine factors contributing to the survival of patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Epidemiology. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2015.02.011
BSMS Siriwardena, RMSGK Rasnayaka, Y Masood. M. Masood. PVR Kumarasiri, WM Tilakaratne. Predictive model of oral cancer metastasis for different cancer sites and age groups. Journal of investigative and clinical dentistry, (2015),6 , 1–5