- Director Career Guidance Unit University of Peradeniya Sri Lanka since 1st of April 2022
- Member Board of Study in Community Medicine, Post Graduate Institute of Medicine University of Colombo Sri Lanka since January 2022
- Member Board of Study in Dental Surgery, Post Graduate Institute of Medicine University of Colombo Sri Lanka since January 2022
- Head, Division of Community Dentistry, Department of Community Dental Health 2022
- Member Board of Management of Centre for Research in Oral Cancer (CROC) 2022
- Member of the following committees of the Faculty of Dental Sciences since Jan/Feb 2022
-Ethics Review Committee
-Faculty Land and Building Maintenance Committee
-Counselling and Career Guidance Committee
-Internal Quality Assurance Cell
-International affairs Committee
-Committee to formulate a Policy on the Management strategy of the Dental Teaching Hospital
- Course Coordinator- Statistics and Research Methodology, Faculty of Dental Sciences University of Peradeniya.
- 9th Semester Coordinator-, Faculty of Dental Sciences University of Peradeniya
- Visiting Senior Lecturer in Community Medicine/Dentistry for MSc and MD Programmes- Post Graduate Institute of Medicine University of Colombo Sri Lanka, since 2010
- Visiting Senior Lecturer in Community Medicine Administration for MSc and MD Programmes- Post Graduate Institute of Medicine University of Colombo Sri Lanka since 2011
- Examiner for MSc/MD Examination in Community Medicine/Dentistry and Medical Administration Post Graduate Institute of Medicine University of Colombo Sri Lanka since 2013
- Trainer for MD in Community Dentistry, Post Graduate Institute of Medicine University of Colombo Sri Lanka since 2016
National and Ministerial Level Committee Representation
- The presidential Task Force on Sri Lanka’s Education affairs - Member of the core Group on transforming Nursing Training Schools-
- Cabinet Appointment: Member of the 3 member Expert Committee – to Study and develop a Human Resource Division of the Ministry of Health
- Member of the Subject Committee on Dentistry. Appointed by University Grant Commission (1/10/2019 to 31/12/2020).
- Member National Coordinating Committee on School Health 2015-2020
- Member National Committee on Family Health 2015-2020
- Member Committee to Develop Taxation Formula for Tobacco & Alcohol - National Authority on Tobacco & Alcohol (NATA) 2020
- Member- Committee to formulate an effective mechanism to measure the HRD status of National & Sub National Level of The National Human Resources Development Council of Sri Lanka 2020
- Member Research Management Committee- Apex committee in approving research allowance for the Senior Grade staff of the Ministry of Health from 2016 to date
- Chairman of the Committee on Human Resource Development – World Bank Country programme for the Health Sector in Sri Lanka, Ministry of Health. September 2017
- Member of the Sectoral Subcommittee for Health; for developing a Medium Term National Economic Plan for Sri Lanka, by the Secretary Ministry of Health Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine 2019
- Technical Head of the sub committee on Human Resource for Health to prepare the National Sustainable Development Strategic Frame work- Ministry of Health 2018
- Member National Human Resource Development Council of Sri Lanka (NHRDC) study group on Health sector 2018
- Member of the Expert Committee to decide on “End Stations” for medical consultants. Appointed by the Secretary Health and Public Service Commission 2019 & 2020
- Committee member – Committee to device a mechanism to issue receipts depicting the cost incurred by the hospital for in-door and outdoor treatment in state sector hospitals March 2017
- Member- Committee to decide on 3 month orientation programme for newly appointed School Dental Therapists. 2016. Ministry of Health
- Committee member – Committee to propose Policies to enhance the demand for Public Health Midwife course .Ministry of Health 2019
- Member National Pharmaceutical and Surgical formulary Revision Committee 2020
- Member Advisory Committee: National Oral Health Survey 2015/2016
Appointments held in Curriculum Development
- Member Curriculum Review Committee of the new 5 year BDS curriculum, Faculty of Dental Sciences University of Peradeniya
- Member of the Committee appointed by the Dean Faculty of Dental Sciences University of Peardeniya to draft a Curriculum for the proposed MSc in General Dental Practice 2016.
- Member of BDS study program Review - External Stakeholder Committee, Faculty of Dental Sciences University of Peradeniya 2019
- Resource person to prepare a New Degree Program Curriculum for the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Ruhuna 2019.
- Committee member in introducing a BSc Nursing degree programme under proposed Nursing University of Sri Lanka. 2020
- Curriculum development for Dental Laboratory Technicians Training programme of Ministry of Health 2019.
- Contribution towards College of Medical Administrators: Module developer - Management Module for Post Interns- on cost Accounting and Cadre Norms
Ministry of Health Representation/Appointments
- HRH Focal Person on National Health Workforce Accounts 2018, 2019,2020. Appointed by the Secretary Health.
- Ministry of Health’s focal point to complete the Global Oral Health Workforce questionnaire Survey 2019
- Ministry of Health’s Representative to UGC’s Committee on Increase the intake of MLT Graduates
- Ministry of Health’s Representative to UGC’s Committee on transforming Nursing Diploma to a BSC degree programme
- Ministry of Health’s representative to the Interview Board to select a company to evaluate the progress of Vision 2020 programme
- Ministry of Health’s Nominee to the Department of Management Services- Ministry of Finance on Cadre Review of Public Institutions 2017
- Ministry of Health’s Representative to the Faculty of Dental Sciences University of Peradeniya to coordinate the Dental Laboratory Technician Programme.2012 - 2020.
- Ministry of Health Representative to the Interview Board- To Select Head HR of Sri Jayawardenapura General. Interview date 10/04/2019
Lecturing appointments at other Institutions/universities
- Visiting Lecturer - 2nd BDS Programme Faculty of Dental Sciences University of Peradeniya- Finance & Professional Ethics 2017
- Lecturer for the MBA programme of Cardiff Metropolitan University (ICBT Campus Sri Lanka) for 4years 2012-2016
- Visiting Lecturer for Postgraduate Diploma in Health Development , Faculty of Medicine University of Colombo 2017/2018/2019/2020
- Lecturer for the EEG Diploma course – Ministry of Health 2020
- Lecturer for School Dental Therapist Programme – Ministry of Health 2012/2013
- Lecturer for Introductory programme for the MSc( Medical Administration) Screening Examination for the years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.College of Medical Administrators of Sri Lanka
Contribution to National Development
Developed an innovative model for medical specialist cadre projections and training needs for the Government of Sri Lanka in 2017. This model is used to determine the number of doctors to be trained as specialists in 56 specialties by the PGIM- University of Colombo.
This is the first time, a scientific cadre projection for medical specialists was done for the
country. This piece of work is greatly appreciated by the medical fraternity of Sri Lanka
and it is referred to as the bench mark literature, when deciding how many medical
consultants are needed for Sri Lanka.
Developed and successfully implemented an electronic recruitment scheme to recruit Nursing, Professions Supplementary to Medicine and Para medical categories to the Ministry of Health Sri Lanka in 2018/19.
Using the online result verification, applicants without basic educational qualifications
were not allowed to apply. This reduced the work volume and increased the accuracy
and transparency of the entire process. For the first time in the history of the Ministry,
the on line system also facilitated the fulfilling the vacancies in the 2nd round;
created by non- registrants during the 1st round. The on-line system helped to recruit 4000
for training within 3 months, giving a high yield. The on line system enabled the Ministry
to recruit trainees on a yearly basis. Continuation of the online system will help to reduce
the shortage of para medical and nursing workforce in the country.
This innovative work, won the prestigious Asia Pacific Action Alliance on Human
Resources for Health ( AAAH) Award in 2020.
Developed a System Dynamic Model to address the issues related to the employment of Dental Surgeons in the state sector of Sri Lanka. Before this model was introduced the newly graduating Dental Surgeons had to wait for nearly 3 years to obtain employment in the state sector. Awaiting time for government employment was reduced to 6 months, optimizing the utilization of highly trained Dental Graduates for improvement of Oral Health status of the Country.
- Oration Sri Lanka Dental Association- 2011
- Britto Muthunayagam Oration- College of General Dental Practitioners of Sri Lanka 2011
- Oration College of Dentistry and Stomatology of Sri Lanka 2015
- Prof C.C De Silva Oration of the College of Paediatricians of Sri Lanka 2017. Delivered at the 6th Global Congress for Consensus in Paediatrics and Child Health held in Colombo.
- Oration Sri Lanka Dental Association Eastern Branch March 2019
- VC’s distinguished Invited Oration ( held as part of 50th Anniversary Celebrations of University of Peradeniya ) May 2017
Books authored /contributed
- “One hundred years of Dentistry in Sri Lanka”. Dileep De Silva, Hilary Cooray
- Hand book for primary health care workers. ISBN 955-98231-0-8 Dileep De Silva
- Improving retention of health workers in rural and remote areas: Case studies from WHO South-East Asia Region. ISBN 9789290227632 WHO South –East Asia 2020
- Code of conduct for Health Research in Sri Lanka 2018. ISBN 978-955-3666-13-0
- Reorganizing Primary Health care in Sri Lanka . Ministry of Health Sri Lanka 2017. ISBN 978-955-3666-10-9
- Health Research Governance Strategy in Sri Lanka 2019 ISBN 978-955-3666-42-0
- Health labour Market Analysis: Sri Lanka. Published by WHO and Ministry of Health Sri Lanka 2018. ISBN 978-955-3666-25-3
- State of the world's nursing 2020: investing in education, ...https://books.google.lk › books
- Sri Lanka Health system Review. Health Systems in transition. Vol 10 No 1. 2021
Contribution to chapters in books.
Chapter on Dentistry in book titled History of Medicine in Sri Lanka 1948-2018 ISBN 978-955-9386-43-8.
- National Health Accounts Sri Lanka 2014-2016 Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka 2019.
- National Health Accounts Sri Lanka 2013. Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka 2015. ISBN:978-955-0505-76-0.
- Health Financing Strategy for Sri Lanka.2018
1.Commissioned report of the Cabinet appointed Committee on Establishing a Human
Resources Coordinating Division in the Ministry of Health. Report submitted to the Cabinet
of Ministers of Sri Lanka.
2.Report on Transforming Nursing Training Schools (NTS)- Presidential Task Force on Sri
Lanka’s Education Affairs 2020
3.Subject Benchmark Statement – Dentistry 2021, Quality Assurance Council of University
Grants Commission of Sri Lanka