Professor and Consultant in Oral Pathology- 2014 to date
Senior Lecturer (Grade I) in Oral Pathology -2007 to 2014
Senior Lecturer (Grade II) in Oral Pathology-2002-2007
Probationary Lecturer in Oral Pathology -1995-2002
Temporary Lecturer in Anatomy-1994-1995
1. Presidential research award (2004) for the paper titled Focal epithelial hyperplasia: report of two cases with PCR detection of HPV DNA.
2. Presidential research award 2009 for the paper titled “Epithelial salivary tumours in Sri Lanka: A retrospective study of 713 cases”.
3. President’s award for scientific publication, for articles published in the year 2010.
4. NRC merit award for Scientific Publication 2011,2013,2014,2015.
5. Scholarship awarded to attend a Group training course in Clinical Dentistry, by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) under the international corporation programme of the government of Japan in 1998.
6. Monbusho Scholarship awarded by the Government of Japan in 1998.
Jayasooriya PR, Tilakaratne WM, Mendis BRRN, Lombardi T. A literature review on oral basaloid squamous cell carcinomas, with special emphasis on etiology. Annals of Diagnostic Pathology. 2013 Oct 21. pii: S1092-9134(13)00112-3. doi:10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2013.09.001. [Epub ahead of print]
Rajapakshe RM, Pallegama RW, Jayasooriya PR, Siriwardena BS, Attygalla AM, Hewapathirana S, Weerasinghe JU, Dias DK, Tilakaratne WM. A retrospective analysis to determine factors contributing to the survival of patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Epidemiology 2015: 39(3):360-6. doi: 10.1016/j.canep.2015.02.011. Epub 2015 Mar 13.
Jayasooriya PR, Pitakotuwage TN, Mendis BRRN, Lombardi T. Descriptive study of 896 Oral squamous cell carcinomas from the only University based Oral Pathology Diagnostic Service in Sri Lanka. BMC Oral Health. 2016: 16: 1. Published online 2016 Jan 8. doi: 10.1186/s12903-015-0139-y . PMCID: PMC4705638
Herath CK, Perera PR, Jayasooriya PR. The sociodemographic profile of children affected by amelogenesis imperfecta: A pilot study based on children attending a pedodontic clinic in Sri Lanka. South Asia association of Pedodontic Journal. 2018:1