An Overview of the IQAC
Quality assurance cell of the Faculty of Dental Sciences, University of Peradeniya was established with the guidance of the Vice Chancellor, University of Peradeniya in 2016 according to the guidelines given by the QAAC of UGC. However, Faculty Quality Assurance activities were started in 2014 appointing a committee by the Faculty Board, Faculty of Dental Sciences according to the recommendations made by the Vice Chancellor, University of Peradeniya.
The main functions of the FQAC are;
- Liaise with Faculty Board of Dental Sciences appointed Sub-Committees and coordinate all Quality Assurance (QA) related activities within the Faculty.
- Liaise with Unit for Development of Dental Education (UDDE) and Curriculum Development Committee to implement teacher, student, peer, evaluations and tracer studies to assure quality of education and analyze the data and provide recommendations.
- Plan and implement quality assurance related training/capacity development workshops for the Faculty staff and students.
- Plan and organize activities related to Institutional Review and Programme Review
- Support to identify existing gaps and implement guidelines and policies in the teaching, learning and assessment process
- Liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of University of Peradeniya and Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council (QAAC) of Sri Lanka on the implementation of the QA Framework