List of full papers in peer reviewed journals, book chapters in your division/department published in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
1. WM Tilakaratne, RP Ekanayaka, S Warnakulasuriya. Oral submucous fibrosis: A historical perspective and a review on aetiology and pathogenesis. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. Vol 122,Issue 2, 2016.
2. RP Ekanayaka, WM Tilakaratne. Oral submucous fibrosis: review on mechanisms of malignant transformation. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. Vol 122,Issue 2, 2016, pages 192-99.
3. WM Tilakaratne. Introduction to the Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Focus Issue on Oral Submucous Fibrosis. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. Vol 122,Issue 2, 2016, pages 178-91.
4. WM Tilakaratne. Editorial. Introduction and perspective. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. Vol 122,Issue 2, 2016, pages 177.
5. LAH Jayasinghe, PM Peiris, WM Tilakaratne, AM Attygalla, RD Jayasinghe, MAM Sitheeque, BSMS Siriwardena*. Clinically malignant exophytic lesions in the background of oral submucous fibrosis: report of five cases. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. Vol 122,Issue 2, 2016, pages 210-15.
6. WM Tilakaratne, RP Ekanayaka, MPB Herath, RD Jayasinghe, MAM Sitheeque. Intralesional corticosteroids as a treatment for restricted mouth opening in oral submucous fibrosis. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. Vol 122,Issue 2, 2016, pages 224-31.
7. BSMS Siriwardena RMSGK Rasnayaka, Y. Masood el al. A predictive model of oral cancer metastasis for different cancer sites and age groups. J investigative and clinical dentistry.7 (2) 2016 127-31.
8. S Bazarsad, X Zhang, WM Tilakaratne, R Illeperuma, RD Jayasinghe et al. Identification of a combined biomarker for malignant transformation in oral submucous fibrosis. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine. DOI: 10.1111/jop.12483, 2016
9. Siriwardena BSMS, Jayathilake DSY, Pitakotuwage TN, Illeperuma RP, Kumarasiri PVR, Attygalla AM, Peiris HRD, Tilakaratne WM. Demographic and Histopathological Differences of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma; Analysis of 4394 Cases from Sri Lanka. J Clin Exp Oncol 2015, 4:4
10. RP Illeperuma, DK Kim, WM Tilakaratne, HK Son, JY Kim, J Kim, DY Lee, KY Kim et al. Areca nut exposure increases secretion of tumor‐promoting cytokines in gingival fibroblasts that trigger DNA damage in oral keratinocytes. International Journal of Cancer 137 (11), 2545-2557. 2015
11. P Nanayakkara, WL Dissanayaka, BG Nanayakkara, E Amaratunga, WM Tilakaratne. Comparison of spatula and cytobrush cytological techniques in early detection of oral malignant and premalignant lesions: a prospective and blinded study.Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, 2015. Vol 45, Issue 4.
12. Rajapakshe RM, Jayasooriya PR, Siriwardena BSMS, Tilakaratne WM, Pallegama RW. A retrospective analysis to determine factors contributing to the survival of patients with OSCCa. Cancer Epidemiol. 2015, doi: 10.1016/j.canep.2015.02.011
13. Siriwardena BSMS, Shanmuganatha S, Tilakaratne WM. A case of benign chondroblastoma of anterior mandible and review of literature: a very rare presentation. Case reports in clinical medicine. 2015,4 (3).
14. A.M. Attygalla A.L.M. Rizan, R.D. Jayasinghe, B.S.M.S. Siriwardena. An analysis of cervical lymph node metastasis in oral squamous cell carcinoma: Relationship among clinical, ultrasonographical and histopathological status of nodal metastasis. Sri Lanka Dental Journal, 45 (2) 2015, 75-78
15. BSMS Siriwardena, A. Tilakaratne, WM Tilakaratne A comparative study of oral squamous cell carcinoma in the young and the old in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka Dental Journal, 45 (2) 2015, 59-61.
16. BSMS Siriwardena, Jayasinghe RD, Tilakaratne WM. Plasma Cell Mucositis Affecting Oral Mucosa: Report of 11 Cases and Review of Literature, J Otol Rhinol 2015, 4:6, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2324-8785.1000259.
17. RLPR Liyanage, NS Wadusinghearachchi, BSMS Siriwardena, PR Jayasooriya, WM Tilakaratne. Pigmented mucoepidermoid carcinoma with spindle cell differentiation. Oral surgery, oral medicine, oral pathology and oral radiology 117 (6), e449-51. 2014.
18. SR Vartoukian, WM Tilakaratne, N Seoudi, M Bombardieri, L Bergmeier et al. Dysregulation of the suppressor of cytokine signalling 3–signal transducer and activator of transcription‐3 pathway in the aetiopathogenesis of Sjögren's syndrome. Clinical & Experimental Immunology 177 (3), 618-629, 2014.
19. KSND Gunawardhana, PR Jayasooriya, WM Tilakaratne. Diagnostic dilemma of unicystic ameloblastoma: novel parameters to differentiate unicystic ameloblastoma from common odontogenic cysts. Journal of investigative and clinical dentistry 5 (3), 220-225.2014.